It’s a bit cooler here in Nashville, but while it was so bloody hot I managed to get lots of indoor stuff done..homey chores…office work. I cleaned up my desk….I found this little tag I had attached to a pitcher of “Basil-Limeade Wine Spritzer” that I had taken to a potluck gathering last summer and remembered how refreshing it was…maybe it’s time to make another batch.
There are no real measurements, just gather the ingredients in the tag and mix and taste until you like it. Serve over an ice packed glass. Sip and cool down.
I also finally got to finish up my new website design and get it live…see images below and hop over for a visit when you have a second…www.teresablackburnfoodstyling.com. I really love working on things like this…noodling…especially on a hot days.
August is now a lot of memories and September is before us. There is lots of turmoil as well as goodness in the world. We are soon having an election for a new President here in the United States. I support Hillary Clinton for President and I hope you will ponder this and vote for her as well. Do the most good for the most people as often as you can. Read between the lines…ask questions…think peace. Do right.
Happy Labor Day Y’all.
Basil-Limeade Wine Spritzer-Cooler
- Chill a bottle of Pinot Grigio white wine or a Rose.
- Slice 2 limes into wheels & cut these in half. Squeeze the juice from 4 more limes and add to a pitcher.
- Add some sugar…about 1/4 cup at the most… to the pitcher along with some fresh basil leaves and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour chilled wine into the pitcher & stir well. Add lime slices.
- Right before serving add seltzer water to the pitcher. Pour mixture over glasses filled with ice. Garnish with basil leaves. Ahhhhhh….aren’t you cooler already?