I think I might be part rabbit…my ears are kinda pointy….I twitch my nose at good and bad smells…I have been accused of hopping around all over the place…not to mention my affinity for carrots. I like them shredded, cut into coins, added to soups and salads, fresh from the ground with a little bit of dirt still clinging to them and roasted lightly glazed with a quick maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and fresh orange juice concoction. Spring carrots tender and sweet lend themselves to such a simple, easy-as-this, recipe. A very appropriate addition to an Easter dinner.
One bag each of large and/or small, easy to find and trendy rainbow carrots sliced down the middle from top to bottom, tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with Flower Pepper from Food Sheriff and flakey Maldon sea salt…..a great finger food or side dish. Roasted, glazed and served garnished with toasted, chopped pecans. It’s as easy-as-this.
Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Life.
Rainbow Carrots with a Maple-Balsamic-Orange Glaze
- 1 to 2 bags of rainbow carrots, any size, tops trimmed and peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- olive oil, a few tablespoons
- Flower Pepper or any other good freshly ground pepper
- flakey sea salt such as Maldon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- the juice from one small orange
- Garnish – toasted and chopped pecans
- Turn oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss prepped carrots in olive oil and spread out on one or two baking sheets. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- While carrots are roasting mix together the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and orange juice.
- After 10 minutes remove baking sheet with carrots from the oven and drizzle with half the glaze. Return pan to oven to roast carrots just until “fork-tender”. Remove pan from oven.
- Serve carrots with remaining glaze and pecans.
Teresa Blackburn http://www.teresablackburnfoodstyling.com
8 thoughts on “Rabbits-Love-Rainbow Carrots with Maple-Balsamic-Orange Glaze….Don’t They? E.A.T #28”
From one rabbit to another…..yes!
yummy looks good and is a wonderful snack variation great best wishes and a nice easter fair.. Tom
Thanks much…and a Happy Easter and Spring to you as well.
Beautiful! Happy spring!
Big thanks and Hope you are well.
Lovely. will do just this with a bag of carrots left over from photoshoot!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by Jill….always appreciated.