Sunday, Nashville, 99 degrees hot!
We have a saying….when asked just how hot something is…we often say “hotter than hell”. Meaning, really, really, really hot. We have another saying when something is extremely odd or unlikely. We say something is “like a snowball in hell”.
The pooling of these two sayings made me think of snowballs…which made we think of ice cream…which made me want an ice cream treat because it is truly hotter than hell today in Nashville…I am pretty sure.
Vanilla Ice Cream softened, fresh blackberries, finely chopped candied ginger is all you need.
All stirred together……
….then refrozen in a plastic box for a few hours or overnight. Scooped and formed using your hands into balls and then refrozen for a bit. They look like snowballs studded with lots of fruit and ginger. They are a bit crunchy and icy, spicy and creamy, cooling and delicious.
A little listen while you make your own snowballs. Enjoy and Chill. It’s as easy-as-that.
Frozen Blackberries and Ice Cream Snowballs in Hell
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream softened to where you can stir it
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries (or blueberries or raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied ginger
- Stir together the softened ice cream, fresh blackberries and candied ginger until well blended. Scrape mixture into a glass or plastic box container with a tight fitting lid.
- Freeze for a few hours or overnight. Mixture will be very hard when you pull it out of the freezer. Let it sit on counter for at least 10 minutes before scooping.
- Scoop out and form into “snowballs” using your hands. Don’t worry if they are perfect. Place snow balls on a metal tray. When all ice cream is scooped and formed into snowballs re-freeze for an hour or so before eating.
Teresa Blackburn. http://www.teresablackburnfoodstyling.com