Nashville January 20, 2020…..24 degrees and Cloudy.
If you follow Food on Fifth you are probably aware that we like soup. All kinds and flavors of soups have been shared over the years, soups for vegetarians, soups for meat lovers, pots of soup both large and small….winter soups and all-year long soups.
This is one of my new favorites and was created using what I had on hand with the requirement that it was quick to prep and cook, while being healthy and delicious. Four ingredients and 30 minutes later, not counting the salt and pepper, dinner was ready. It is just as “easy-as-this”.
When in doubt, make soup.
4 Ingredient Black Bean & Sweet Potato Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock, chicken bone broth or vegetable broth for the vegetarians
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- a large handful of baby spinach leaves
- sea salt and coarse black pepper
- Bring stock or broth to a low boil over medium heat. Add the chunks of sweet potato and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are “fork tender”. Add the black beans, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 10 minutes longer. Toss in the handful of spinach at the end and cook for another 5 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Serve this healthy, simple soup hot and steamy. It is as easy-as-that!
6 thoughts on “4 Ingredient Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup E.A.T. #41”
Nice and simple and tasty! Soup perfection!
I with you, I love soup and this is one to make.
Yes….remember your bean diet? It works.
I was thinking what kind of soup to cook next. This will be the one. Thanks for the inspiration and idea.
Thanks for stopping by and eat more soup!!