…as easy as this..
It’s almost Spring…in a few weeks we will be thinking about eating cooler, not warmer, but for now let’s enjoy hearty bowls of hot soup and stews, healthy and filling.
This is a “pantry” soup using cans of cannellini and black beans, a large can of fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, onions, hot pepper flakes and sliced chicken sausages from the freezer. Shreds of sharp white cheddar, a skillet of hot cornbread and maybe a cold beer to round out a casual dinner while waiting for Spring.
Use the bread to sop up some broth for added flavor……..If you need a great, but easy cornbread recipe click here…it is classic and Southern and delicious.
here..have a bite…
A little recipe to get you started….feel free to be creative…add in some spinach or kale leaves, or any of your herbs. You can’t mess it up…it just as “easy-as-this”.
Easy Bean and Chicken Soup
- 1 pkg of chicken sausage links, sliced
- splash of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large can fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups water, or chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes for cooking and serving
- shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium high heat. Add in sliced sausage pieces, garlic and onion. Cook, stirring, until garlic and onions are translucent.
- Add in beans, tomatoes and water or broth. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, turn to simmer. Add in a generous pinch of red pepper flakes if you like hot, or less if you do not, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese and your favorite cornbread and if you need a really good, classic Southern recipe, click here. You might need a cold beer to cool things down a bit. Enjoy the warmth and coziness while the weather allows.
Teresa Blackburn http://www.teresablackburnfoodstyling.com
5 thoughts on “Easy Bean and Chicken Sausage Soup E.A.T #49”
This soup suits me to a T!
Much appreciated Lulu and it is really easy and delicious. Stay cozy.
This looks beautifully delicious!
Thank you Dorothy and thanks for stopping by.
Pantry dinners like this make an appearance at our kitchen table often and yours sounds absolutely delicious.