This is probably it…the last great watermelon until next summer…crisp little colorful radishes, a handful of strawberries that taste like strawberries and meaty baby Roma tomatoes…my So Long Summer Salad. Bye bye for now…see you later…Sayanora sweet friends.
All cut up in a bowl…..
drizzled with this sublime Apple Balsamic Vinegar.
Tossed and chilled. Cold, crunchy, sweet and savory. Delicious piled on a bed of peppery arugula alongside a grilled steak. So long summer…it’s been good to know ya…
The Del McCoury Band – So Long, It’s Been Good To Know You
So Long Summer Salad with Watermelon, Radishes, Tomatoes and Strawberries
- 3 cups of fresh watermelon cubes
- 4 small radishes thinly slices
- a handful of baby Roma, cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- ripe, juicy strawberries, capped & cut in half lengthwise
- Apple Balsamic Vinegar (or Orange Balsamic or other fruit flavored Balsamic vinegar)
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put all the fruit in a large mixing or serving bowl. Drizzle with 2 or 3 tablespoons of the Apple Balsamic vinegar. Toss fruit to coat with vinegar. Chill covered for about 20 minutes.
- Right before serving, drizzle with additional vinegar, salt & black pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Teresa Blackburn www.foodonfifth.com http://www.teresablackburnfoodstyling.com