A good lunch is a wonderful thing. To sit down and actually savor a mid-day or late afternoon lunch when I get a chance is a pleasure. My lunches take little prep and use pantry items along with a few fresh vegetables I have on hand. It takes just a few minutes to make it happen. It’s as easy as this.
Here is one of my current favorites using lemons, kalamata olives, tuna packed in olive oil, marinated red onions and fresh oregano leaves. I serve this with a crusty baguette for sopping up all the flavorful juices.
It’s summer in Nashville, it’s hot and humid..take a break from the stove….eat cool…eat simple…enjoy.
Summer Lunch -Lemony Tuna and Kalamata Olives with a Crusty Baguette
- 1/4 red onion, slivered and soaked in lemon juice for 15 minutes
- 2 cans tuna packed in olive oil, slightly drained and leaving larger chunks of tuna
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- the peel of one lemon cut into thin strips
- the juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh oregano leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 fresh baguette
- In a bowl gently toss together red onion with lemon juice, tuna chunks with oil, kalamata olives, lemon peel strips, lemon juice and oregano. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with baguette pieces for sopping up juices. A Great nutritious lunch that is as Easy As This!
Teresa Blackburn http://www.teresablackburnfoodstyling.com