The 4th of July Holiday weekend is right around the corner and nothing says summer holidays like a bowl of homemade potato salad. This is one of the summer recipes I developed for “The Peace, Love and Potato Salad” Cookbook and is one of my favorites.
This recipe (without the balsamic vinegar and radishes) is pretty much the version I grew up with. Pickles, pickle juice, cooked eggs, and potatoes were the basic ingredients. Potato Salad has grown up and stepped into the modern, international world of cuisine with style!
You can serve in a bowl of course, but individual servings in little resealable jars kept chilled until ready to eat creates a homey-modern touch.
Get ready, get set for your summer holidays with potato salad, peace and love!
Images by Danielle Atkins Photography http://www.danielleatkins.com/#!eat/c1ywd
A quick visit over to Spring House Press’s website http://springhousepress.com/new-products/peace-love-potato-salad is one way to reserve your copy of “The Peace, Love and Potato Salad” cookbook to be released on July 15th. If you enter the promo code – FOF35 – you’ll also receive a 35% discount at check-out and the code is good until September 1st! That’s a pretty yummy savings isn’t it?
The Classic Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- additional salt & black pepper to taste if needed
- Cover potatoes with cold, salted water & bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper until well mixed.
- Add potatoes, onion, pickles, pickle juice and eggs, gently tossing together. Sprinkle radishes over mixture, then cover and chill. Right before serving, taste, and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper if desired.
Recipe by Teresa Blackburn, reprinted with permission from Spring House Press from “The Peace, Love and Potato Salad” Cookbook. Release date: July 15th, 2016
Available from: http://springhousepress.com/new-products/peace-love-potato-salad Use Promo Code: FOF35 until September 2016 for 35% discount
9 thoughts on “Get ready, Get set for Summer Holiday Eating with “The Peace, Love and Potato Salad” Cookbook’s “The Classic Potato Salad””
Your pictures are beautiful!
Thanks so much Patricia. I so appreciate your comment. Happy Summer,
Congrats Teresa! This looks amazing! xoxo
Lindsay Tyler 631.523.3823 http://www.lindsaytyler.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsay thanks so much and it is great to hear from you. Hope you are well and busy and life is good.
There’s nothing like a good potato salad Teresa, and this one shines through and through. The addition of pickle juice and radishes has me salivating at the very thought. I’m sure the radishes brought a nice crunch to the potato salad. Will definitely be trying this one this summer. Thanks!
Thanks Loretta and yes I added the radishes for crunch!! Happy July!
Wonderful article! We are linking to this particularly great article onn our
site. Keep upp thhe great writing.
Thanks so much and you keep up the great viewing!!