I am always cooking. Almost every day. I, at times, have a love-hate relationship with cooking. Some days I chose not to cook, but we still have to eat…no? Yes. This is what we might have on those days. I realize there are at least one million, at least, Pinterest Boards dedicated to avocados and toast…I haven’t counted but I’m pretty sure this is somewhat true. Avocado on toasted bread is de regueur for all modern minded folks from coast to coast.
There is no recipe, but desire. There is no one way to make it except the way you like it with a just right-ripe avocado and the best bread you can get your hands on. It takes 5 minutes at most.
A sprinkling of thinly sliced Spring/French Garden radishes from the Nashville Farmer’s Market for a bit of crunch topped off lightly with sea salt. You’re good to go.
Eat Well…eat healthy.
Desirable Avocado Toast with French Breakfast Radishes
Ingredients for this “not real” recipe:
- very good crusty loaf of bread…homemade or store-bought
- just ripe avocados that are “smush-able
- french breakfast radishes or other locally grown radishes or from grocery
- crunchy seal salt and freshly ground black pepper
- arugula leaves
Directions for this “not real” recipe”:
- Toast bread.
- “Smush” ripe avocados onto bread.
- Top with thinly sliced radishes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Top with arugula leaves.
- Eat. Enjoy.
Teresa Blackburn http://www.teresablackburnfoodstyling.com