Ingredients? 4. Time? 15 minutes. Results? Ripe South Carolina Peaches Caramelized with Raw Sugar, Cardamom and Kerrygold Butter to make the easiest, most delicious, screaming Summer dessert ever! No joke….it is as easy-as-this.
Select firm, juicy ripe sweet peaches. No peeling necessary.
Arranged in an iron skillet cut side up with a dab of butter, a sprinkling of cardamom and crunchy raw sugar and that’s all.
Roasted at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes until sugar caramelizes and peaches begin to blister. Turn on the broiler if you like them a bit burnt like I do. You can also do this on a grill if you prefer. Serve with a quick cold, sour cream-brown sugar sauce and more sugar for crunch. How very summer is that?
Brown Sugar, Butter and Cardamom Skillet Roasted Peaches
- 4 firm, ripe peaches, unpeeled, cut in half with pits removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temp, Kerrygold is what I use
- ground Cardamom powder, to taste
- 1 cup raw sugar, divided
- 1 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Turn oven to 400 degrees. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, in an iron skillet.
- Place a bit of butter in middle of each peach half. Sprinkle with cardamom to taste.
- Top with 1/2 cup raw sugar sprinkled over each peach half.
- Roast in hot oven for 10-12 minutes. If you like your peaches more blistered like I do, then turn broiler on for a minute or two.
- While peaches are roasting mix together sour cream or yogurt and 1/4 cup raw sugar and lemon juice until blended. Chill until ready to use.
- To serve place one or two peach halves on a plate and add a dollop of sweetened sour cream and another sprinkling of raw sugar. A wonderful, simple summer dessert.
Note: You can also place iron skillet on a pre-heated outdoor grill to roast. A scoop of ice cream is really good with theses peaches as well.